There are plenty of options for materials for shingles roofing. All these options have their pros and cons. Roofing materials play a very important role in making the structure of the building last longer. If the right material is chosen for the roofing system, it will significantly reduce the lifecycle costs and also help you stay worried free for the changing of the roofs.
Common and New Types of Roofing Materials:
Some of the most common materials that are being used today in both the residential and commercial sectors include;
- Asphalt Shingled Roofing
- Wood Shingled Roofing
- Metal Roofing
- Slate Roofing
- Rubber Roofing
These are the most common and traditional types of roofing materials that are being used for many years. Some of the new roofing materials that have gained popularity over the past few years include:
- Solar Shingled Roofing
- SPF Roofing
- EPDM Roofing
- Built-up Roofing
No matter how many new and unique materials are introduced in the roofing field, the traditional and conventional materials will always have the upper hand due to their robust qualities. The most robust material that is one of the traditional and conventional roofing materials is the asphalt shingles.
About Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt Shingled roofing is one of the most common conventional roofing types. It has many advantages over the new materials used for roofing today in the United States of America.
Features of Asphalt Shingles
Some of the features of the asphalt shingles include:
- Lifetime Span: One of the most highlighted features of asphalt shingles is that this roofing system lasts long. The lifetime of asphalt shingles can be more than 75 years if they are maintained properly. That is the reason why many historical buildings in Boston have asphalt roofing.
- Robust Qualities: Another reason why asphalt shingles are very popular is due to its robust qualities. These shingles can withstand extreme weather conditions such as extreme winds and extreme temperature variations. This robust quality is what makes asphalt shingled roofing lasts for so long.
Benefits of Asphalt Shingles
There are numerous benefits of using asphalt shingles over the other conventional and new types of roofing materials. Some of these benefits include:
- Easy Installation: As compared to other types of roofing materials, asphalt roofing is easier to install. The installation costs are also low. This means that the time required for its installation is less.
- Energy Efficient: Another benefit of asphalt shingles is that they are categorized as the cool roofs. These cool roofs help in reducing the load on the heating and cooling systems. This is because asphalt is a material that reflects sunlight and heat which makes the home energy efficient. It reduces the utility bills significantly and it is something to cherish as the energy costs in the United States of America are subjected to a constant increase.
- Durability: Due to the robust qualities of the asphalt shingles, durability is another benefit that we can gain from asphalt shingled roofing. It can withstand even the extreme hurricane winds and this makes this roofing type very durable.
- Environment-Friendly: Many roofing materials that are being used in Boston and present are not very environment-friendly. Asphalt being an old and conventional roofing material is environment-friendly. Repeated recycling does not degrade the asphalt which happens in the case of plastics. Asphalt shingles can be recycled into new shingles and roofing components.
These are the benefits we can gain from the use of asphalt shingles as the roofing material. Despite being an old material, asphalt still is very common all around the United States of America, especially in Boston.
If you are looking for a roofer roofing service provider in Boston, we, Boston Roofing and Gutters, are a perfect choice. we provide top-quality roofer roofing services to the people and businesses in Boston. We serve in both the residential as well as the commercial sectors. We wish to make buildings and townhomes safe for the people of Boston by providing the top-quality roofing services all around Boston. If you wish to opt for our services, you can simply contact us and we will provide services of the quality that is unmatchable to any other roofer roofing service providers in town.
Our work is completely reliable as we have experts from the roofing field on board. The experts in the filed have a vast experience which makes them the pioneers of the roofing industry. The knowledge that is needed to choose the right roofing materials and the efficient roofing systems, is all possessed by the team members of Boston Roofing and Gutters. we are without doubts the best roofers in town and our services will not disappoint you in any way. Being the expert roofers, we have the right approach which helps us come up with the best roofing solutions to make the lives of people living in Boston full of convenience and ease.
If you have any questions or queries related to our asphalt shingled roofing services, feel free to contact us and do not hesitate to put forward your concerns and queries. We are quick responders and reply to all the questions or queries we receive about any of our services. If you wish to get some expert advice about the roofing systems, we can provide you with that too. You simply have to send in your questions and we will provide you with all the information that is necessary. We make the lives of people easier and full of convenience by providing them with quality roofing services.